Re: Debian e hplip

dalla pagina README.Debian di hplip:

Note that networked devices are NOT always detected, but
see below:
For network-connected devices, use the hp-makeuri utility to generate
an URI that is suitable for the HP CUPS backend for your printer, and
use that URI when setting up the printer in CUPS.  After that,
hp-probe and others will work just fine.  The networked printer must
be connected and online for hp-makeuri to work.

----

dalla pagina /usr/share/doc/hplip/hplip_readme.html:

7.2 Setup and I/O Troubleshooting
Issue 1: 'hp-probe' fails to find my network printer
Solution:
Note: This is a known problem with hp-probe
1. Determine the IP address of your printer by printing out the
network configuration page (or if you know it or can determine it in
another way)

2. Run:
$ hp-makeuri <ip-address>
For example:
$ hp-makeuri 192.168.1.1

3. This will result in a device URI printed to the console. For example:
hp:/net/Officejet_9100_series?ip=192.168.1.1

4. Copy this device URI
5. Open the CUPS UI:
http://localhost:631
(or YasT, etc) and install the printer by pasting the generated URI.

ciao ciao

Max