Subject: Intel f90 compiler for Debian.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:02:16 +0100
From: alberto <albertobig@libero.it>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Hi all,

Intel has a powerful f90 compiler, the only one freely available on
the market, as far as I know, which runs under Linux. It is an
extremely important tool for those who run numerical simulations for
scientific purposes.
http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/downloads/forlin.htm

Unfortunately for Debian users, Intel distribute the compiler as an
rpm archive, and the install script is accordingly written.

I have succesfully and easily installed the compiler on my Debian
Woody in a kind of a dirty way and I've put a brief HOWTO on my web
site:
http://www.nordita.dk/~bigazzi/varie/Intel_F90_on_a_Debian_GNU_system
.html

I'm sure, though, that the install script, wich you find on the same
page of mine, can be just adapted to Debian and made available to
Intel for them to include Debian as a supported platform for their
compiler.

Notice that, in the scientific community, the availability of such a
compiler for Debian,  will greatly benefit our favorite distro.

Does anyone want to take the task of rewriting the script for Debian?

alberto.
http://www.nordita.dk/~bigazzi

--  Per favore, mandatemi una copia a: albertobig@libero.it --