Italian Fastweb "La Mozzerella" FTP client

I have a problem that needs translation. In
http://www.s0ftpj.org/bfi/online/bfi10/BFi10-13.html there is an explanation
and source for an FTP client to work around some complication of the Italian
Fastweb service. This client will send PORT commands in an endless loop when
it connects to my system. I'm running the vsftpd server from unstable. I
can't read the paper, but the source is clear enough.

The problem with the client is that ftp_port contains an endless loop, and
I suspect that ftp_readline is too intolerant of differences in formatting.
At the very least, this program needs to be modified so that the loop would
quit after 10 tries.

The person who is connecting to me has been using the default email ID
compiled into the client. He might be trying to mirror the US map database.
His client loops for hours. I had to put him in hosts.deny to stop him from
connecting.

Can one of you please help get fastweb to update their client, and that
paper?

	Thanks

	Bruce