Re: domanda stupida

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:16:16PM +0100, Henryx wrote:
> > /var/lib/dpkg/info/NOMEDELPACHHETTO.list
> Mmm...  apropos di questa dir, ma non sarebbe meglio farne un tar.gz in
> quanto a lungo andare occupa un bel po'?

Per backup, forse. Per cancellarla credo di no.

Recentemente su una mailing list debian in inglese:

Accidentally -- yes, stupidly -- I deleted *all* files from:

        /var/lib/dpkg/info

How can I re-build this information?

Now, apt-get, dpkg and dselect complain about serious lack of
information; but, everything appears to continue functioning as
expected.
--
Do you still have /var/lib/dpkg/status? If so, you can extract (using
dpkg --get-selections or whatever) the list of packages you have

Keep a backup of /etc just in case, but I *think* dpkg should still
honour the conffile information in /var/lib/dpkg/status.