Re: sasl spam?

Hello,

Monday, October 7, 2013, 16:16:32, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> do you require or at least provide SSL/TLS encryption for SMTP users?
> While possibility of such malware is quite high (there was already malware
> stealing FTP passwords), it may not be able to sniff on encrypted
> connections

Of course we have smtp/pop3/imap also over ssl/startls, alhough I
don't have stats how many users do use it. Malware can redirect the
SMTP/IMAP connection to itself like many antivirus software does. Or
maybe it sniffs on the local network, but I don't guess it's very
effective in switched networks (hmm or maybe public wifi).

Good idea about requiring SSL/TLS. Is there any overview if there are
clients/mobile devices actively in use which don't support it? For
example will Outlook without SSL/TLS configured use it server will
require it?

BTW the FTP stealing is still a threat, if I remember it steals
passwords from Total Commander. That's why we enable FTP from exotic
countries (geoip) only on request.

--
  bYE, Marki