Re: sasl spam?

On 07.10.13 15:42, Marek Podmaka wrote:
During last week we had 2 different email accounts compromised and
used to send thousands of spams via our mailserver. Users were
authentificated via SASL and connections were from many different IPs
(different countries), so it looks like some botnet. But both users
had 8-chars random password, each IP is limited to only 5
unsuccessfull SASL attempts via fail2ban, so I guess there must be
some kind of virus in the wild which is stealing email passwords from
users computers...

do you require or at least provide SSL/TLS encryption for SMTP users?
While possibility of such malware is quite high (there was already malware
stealing FTP passwords), it may not be able to sniff on encrypted
connections

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm