Re: IBM eSeries xServer 335 can not more installed with Squeeze
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: IBM eSeries xServer 335 can not more installed with Squeeze
- From: Bjørn Mork <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:49:08 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20120130013544.GA4735@work1> <20120130213838.GI2749@work1> <20120131083845.GC11697@ltserver1.obspm.fr> <C61048EF4F054A4ABBFC3E8B61D2E1F84A58121AE2@wtc-exchange.wtc.local> <20120219185057.GC3425@work1> <C61048EF4F054A4ABBFC3E8B61D2E1F84A58121C8A@wtc-exchange.wtc.local> <20120222093328.GO20597@work1>
Michelle Konzack <email@example.com> writes:
> I have the impression, that LSI != LSI, exspecialy for my x335. They
> show the same LSI Raid-Chip, but on 11 Machines it does not work.
> More then 170 other identical ones ARE working. This is, WHY I am very
> surprised with this problem
I don't know if this is the problem is this case, but one thing to note
about LSI is that they *do* fix firmware issues. Which means that you
may experience problems like that if the firmware revisions are
different, even if the chips are identical.