Re: Processor context corrupt.

Marc Aymerich <glicerinu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, It seems a hardware problem, we already have done a memory check
> (it took 3 or 4 days to complete) but we found nothing. Unfortunately
> our bios doesn't have any cpu test. It is posible to run a cpu test
> like memtest86 does? Also are these hardware test 100% reliable? I
> mean, I can discart a memory problem after succesfully passing
> memtest86?

If the CPU throws an Machine Check Exception (MCE), there is not much
you can do, as the hardware already told you "I'm dead, Jim!".

In all my cases of a MCE in the past, this was _always_ caused by faulty
hardware, split roghly 50:50 between broken mainboard or broken CPU.

If you have a valid support contract with your vendor, tell them the
system is MCEing and they will replace the hardware. If they refuse to
comply: never buy from that vendor again.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.