Re: How to setup TSIG (bind9) to work from a dynamic IP?

On 03.05.11 00:09, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I had to change my setup and now my "master" DNS is at home and behind a
> dynamic IP.  I have setup TSIG, but it requires a fixed IP, which I "not
> have".

you apparently mean, that using master server requires it to have dynamic
address.

> OK, now I have following Servers
>
> <dns.private.tamay-dogan.net>       master      # @office
>
> <dns1.tamay-dogan.net>              master      # @ ISP 1 gemany
> <dns2.tamay-dogan.net>              slave       # @ ISP 2 uk
> <dns3.tamay-dogan.net>              slave       # @ ISP 3 germany
>
> My  NS  @office  should  update  <dns1>  which  then  automaticaly  send
> notifications to <dns2> and <dns3>.

you _can_ send dynamic updates from office to ISP's nameserver, when you
configure nameserver (or dhcp) at your office to use TSIG key and nameserver
@isp to accept the key.

> So, can someone tell men please, how to setup TSIG to let the <dns> work
> with <dns1>.

what exactly did you try?

> Note:   I do not know what  happen  to  <lists.isc.org>,  because  I  am
>         subscribed to <bind-users> since many  years  and  have  already
>         written there, but since some weeks I  can  not  more  send  any
>         messages to them.  Exactly, I see from the courier log, that  it
>         accept my messages, but they  never  appear  on  the  lists  nor

spam filter?
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.