Re: RAID config for mailboxes host

Hello,

cory.meyer@gmail.com a écrit (Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:56:31AM +0000) :
> Since you are planning on Dovecot I would also research using their
> new alternative to Maildir called dbox.

For mail, which is critical service no 1 (users do not know what DNS
is ;-), we are rather conservative, I have to admit.

> I have only tested it in non production environments on top of
> GlusterFS.

Wow... We tested glusterfs some years ago on a HPC cluster and it was
far from stable. Perhaps it's production ready now.

Thanks,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs                       Observatoire de Paris-Meudon
Resp. Réseau/Sécurité                           5 Place Jules Janssen