De : debian [mailto:debian@fpsoft.net]
Envoyé : Monday, July 25, 2011 12:06 AM
À : Leo Goehrs
Cc : 'debian-isp@lists.debian.org' <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Objet : Re: rsyslogd logging to MySQL Database

On 7/24/2011 6:00 PM, Leo Goehrs wrote:
> Of course you may, at least we do it, we have syslog sending to a gew central syslog-ng, and syslog-ng is able to log to a mysql database because it is able to correctly format the logs, then write to a fifo file, which is read by a script and inserted into the mysql database, being further more viewed using php-syslog.
>
> Regards
>
> Leo goehrs
>
> Ps: we use it also to analyse apache logs on cluster configurations, ton consolidate apache logs on the fly using a non blocking technique.

Hmm, okay, that is why I want to do it this way.  We were thinking about
using Splunk, but I don't like the flat file format that is uses to
store its database.  That and I am not too keen on the searching syntax
that it uses, so would much prefer using a MySQL database for this.  Not
only for the easier searching, but for the ability to modify and expand
any web-based log searching interface that we choose to implement.

If you can point me to a decent get-started guide on how to do this
(what you used my help and would be greatly appreciated), that would be
totally awesome!

~ Robert