Re: Reducing apache2 config files.

Hello,

Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 10:47:41, Marc Aymerich wrote:

> Hi all!
> In my ISP we have hundreds of virtual hosts like this:

I am using the same for several years, also few hundred domains per
server. All vhosts of one domain are in one config file. I don't see
any performance penalty and it has ability to slightly customize
vhosts for some customers if needed. Files are generated by a script
once per 15 minutes and apache is reload if something have been
changed.
I've just had small issues on older debians that while upgrading
syntax check of all files took about 5 minutes during which apache was
down. But I don't see it anymore with etch nor lenny.

--
  bYE, Marki