Re: Issues with sa-update on lenny ?

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 01:45:21 +0100, Martin Holub
<lumpi@fileserver.v6.amspitz.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently (the 2010 Rule Issue) we ran the sa-update manually but without
> any success. The Ruleset has been updated in
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org but it seems
Debian
> just uses the Ruleset from /usr/share/spamassassin/ so my Question is:
Do i
> need to copy over the Files from /var/lib to /usr/share or is there
> something that i'm missing ? I also tried, just to make shure, the
Cronjob
> also which should update the Ruleset with sa-update but without any
success
> as i still get all mails marked with the 2010 validation.
>
> So just to make shure here is what i did:
> 1.) ran sa-update manually and reloaded SA
> 2.) ran the cronjob manually and reloaded (to make shure) SA
>
> Maybe someone can give me a hint on what went wrong.

Normally or `sa-update -D` or `spamassassin --lint -D` would give a clue
what may go wrong. And as Tor mentions, you may need to restart spamd or
amavisd-new if you're using a solution like that.

When you have only spamassassin running you may want to enable cron in
/etc/default/spamassassin as this then happens automaticly. It depends on
your sites policy if you want to do that.

Hans