Re: IBM eServer (xSeries) and HotSwap

It has been my experience that is the RAID controller's job to manage that. All of our xSeries hardware has had IBM ServeRAID cards that you manage with a utility CD or Java application once you're up and running. Many also come with an onboard QLogic card, but you must configure that with an onboard BIOS option at bootup.

We've never had to do anything special under Debian to make hot-swappable drives work, but we've always had these RAID cards or onboard controllers. Never trusted software RAID... There's no battery :)

Aaron