Re: Monitoring server sensors and triggering actions

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:16:30AM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> 	How do you shutdown a server if CPU hits
> critical temperatures?  Do you use a program?  Do
> you hack your own shell script?
>
> 	We couldn't find a tool or service that
> would look to sensors and get some parameters,
> once limits are crossed a mail to sysadmins are
> sent and servers are shutdown for precaution.

In addition to lm-sensors, mentioned by others, monit
(<http://mmonit.com/monit/>) may be a useful
package to try.

I'm quite impressed with it, so far.

--
``Every problem in the world can be fixed with either flowers,
  or duct tape, or both.'' (David Millington)