Re: VirtualHost bandwidth management

On 27 mei 2009, at 10:45, Steven Jacobs wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to measure data volume and bandwidth usage for
Apache virtualhosts. It would also be nice if we could throttle the
available bandwidth based on data volume usage.

Have a look at mod_cband. It's packaged for Debian, and allows you to limit both transfer speeds and/or limits for the total traffic volume of a website. There's a webbased status page that your support staff can use when diagnosing problems as well, so no need to write something yourself.

http://www.howtoforge.com/mod_cband_apache2_bandwidth_quota_throttling has some instructions on setting things up.

Regards,

Maarten Vink