Re: worldwide UMTS provider

Am 2009-11-07 08:58:46, schrieb Stefan:
> Vodafone has good offers for europe.

In Germany I use O2 Prepay and the Internet-Flat cost 25 Euro/Month.

I have additopnal a SIM from Amena (Espagne),  Turkcell  (the  only  one
offering reliabel working  EDGE  in  Turkey),  British  Telcom,  Bougues
Telecom...

Vodaphone, Orange and Telefonica/O2 ARE WORLDWIDE  providers,  but  they
let you realy pay for international roaming.  I have calculated  and  it
is much more les expensive if  you  have  in  each  country  you  use  a
seperated SIM card

> The "corperate data access" is very nice.
> I can do centraliced firewalling and having VPN on provider-site for low cost
> and can get fixed private addresses.. I need this worldwide.
> Im wondering that there is no ISP offering worldwide service. So im thinking
> the better way is to look for an  ISP per continent.

I will install a proxy with VPN tunnel too, but I have problems  to  get
it running in Germany with O2 and in France with Bougues  Telecom.  Both
use NON-PUBLIC IP Addresses behind NAT.

> Would be nice having some hints for ISP's per continent. Maybe this is a way I
> can go....?
> any suggestions?

For some times I have gotten a International Overview  of  GSM-Providers
(over 300) with the location and Services (GPRS, EDGE,UMTS, HS*PA)  from
T-Mobile.

I will ask them for a new list...

Hmmm, maybe I should put this list On-Line...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193