Re: Maximum number of available partitions on Debian GNU/Linux (lenny).

Teodor wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a mail server with flexible storage allocation.
> The solution I was thinking about was to create 10 logical volumes
> (LV) with the corresponding volume groups (VG), one for each major
> mailbox storage

Consider using only one VG and create all logical volumes in this volume
group.

> Not being able to use more than 10 partitions for the mailboxes in
> /home kind of ruins the above plan.

Of course you need only one Partition over all available space on each
hard disk. You use this partition to create a physical volume. All
physical volumes go into your one and only mail volume group.

HTH,

Hans Peter