Re: Linksys SLM224 or 2024

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 04:15:58PM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> I have a problem with both these switches:
> if i try to connect to web management whith firefox, either from linux or
> windowsXP, i do not go further than authentication, then having the
> background, then nothing ...
> same with konqueror or opera.
> I thing there is some problem in js interpretation. has some one succeeded
> in managing such switches fron non MS browsers ?

Allow me to offer you my sincerest sympathies. I, too, went and bought
2 of these. I then promptly discovered that they only work with IE5.5-IE7
and IE8 in compatability mode. They wont work with any other browser I
tried. After calling the place we bought them from and arguing around
the idea of 'not fit for purpose' we got our money back.

I went and bought similarily cheap-arse Dells. They work and work well. :)

Personally, after experiencing these Linksys switches, I wont be purchasing
again. What, in the name of all that is holy, possessed them to still release
IE-only products in 2009 is beyond me. Especially to a market filled with
people who are bound to use something else.

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."