Re: Solid State Hard Drives

Oh yes, I am using courier-mta/imap and the random writes are very heavy
which mean, I would kill a SSD with the writes in less then 6 month...

That's a common misconception about SSDs; if you buy a recent drive, especially one meant for use in servers, there will be two mechanisms to prevent them from failing that soon:

- First, the drives include a wear-leveling algorithm, that prevents "data hotspots" where a single block of data is constantly being written to. Instead, writes are spread evenly over all flash cells. - Second, most of these drives include extra capacity (sometimes quite a significant amount), that can be used to replace failed flash cells.

Regards,

Maarten