Re: How to configure apache-ssl to offer the Cert to install?

Hello Bertrand,

Am 2009-09-11 13:03:09, schrieb Bertrand Yvain:
> This cannot work.  The client should have the CA certificate before
> SSL/TLS handshake.  You'll have to find a way to offer the certificate
> beforehand.
>
> This can be done over HTTP by sending your CA certificate with
> application/x-x509-ca-cert MIME type (grep x509 /etc/mime.types).
> Decent client software should then ask the user if she wants to install
> the certificate as trusted.

So, my website need a redirection?

Is there a possibility for the server to check whether a CERT is already
installed?  I mean, if a user connect to my HTTP website, a script could
check for the existence of my enterprise cert and if it is  not  already
installed open a windows which offer the download.

This is what happen to me several times on different websites...

But what me let puzzeling is, that I connected to a HTTPS website and  a
PopUp (Firefox) opened with the message that the  Website  is  encrypted
and a suitable cert is not installed on my system and that  the  website
offer to download the cert.  I accepted and a new Dialog (from  Firefox)
opened where I can check the thing and ACCEPT/DECLINE it.

This is what I like to have.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193