Re: How to configure apache-ssl to offer the Cert to install?

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:11:57 +0200
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

> Now I like to know, HOW I must configure Apache (or  my  PHP5
> scripts), that if a user connect over https, that the  server  offer
> automaticaly the cert to install.
I think that's not possible unless you write some browser-plugin.  Self
signed certificates are not installed automatically, which is a good
thing. Think of the following scenario: The webserver of your bank is
rooted and the fake SSL-Cert installs automatically.

If you have a recurring group of visitors on different servers you can
install your CA-Cert on these clients, so that not every certificate
signed by you has to be installed manually.

> Currently it has to be installed manualy which is realy annoying.
I suggest getting certificates from trusted CA-authorities (Geotrust,
Verisign, Thawte, Godaddy, etc). You also may be interested in wildcard
domain certificates, if you have a lot of subdomains.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

--
Freundliche Gruesse/Best Regards