Automatic detection of ISP pppoE or pppoA settings
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Automatic detection of ISP pppoE or pppoA settings
- From: Thomas Nguyen Van <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:46:44 +0100 (IST)
- Message-id: <32271469.13881243504004055.JavaMail.root@IRL-DUB-P-SRV-02>
- In-reply-to: <7926757.13861243503951525.JavaMail.root@IRL-DUB-P-SRV-02>
I got a Sangoma S518 ADSL card for a Debian (Lenny 2.6.26-1-686 i686 GNU/Linux).
However, this box is moving around the world and pppoE or pppoA settings (VCI and VPI) can change according to the ISP Provider. Note that I had to deactivate the ATM autonegociation because the LCP negociation failed: there only were send ConfReq but no recv signal from the ISP provider.
Most of ISP providers give login/password to access internet. However, they are not clear about pppoE or pppoA settings.
Do you know how to detect settings automatically so that the box can reconfigured it-self automatically?
Thanks in advance