VOD Software/Hardware?

Hello,

Because the neighbour appartement of my bureau burned down in end  March
I am a little bit fsck'ed and my enterprise start is delayed again.  :-/

So for now, does someone of you do offer VOD to customers and if yes,

1)  How many customers do you have?
2)  Which software do you use?
3)  How do you bill your customers?
4)  Which Hardware do you use?

I have following problems:

I was planing to install an "Alvarion BreezeACCESS VL"  (5.8 GHz  WiMAX)
system and do small business with 2000-3000 customers, but since  I  use
the resource of <http://www.gasline.de/> my  nifty  project  transformed
itself into a dinosaur in lightspeed...

(...and it is the fault of our german Bundeskanzlerin Angela  :-)  which
mean I have to fight with a killer of  subventions  and  something  like
this from the german govenment)

Currently there are 21 enterprises  involved  like  Juniper,  Transmode,
IskraTel, Alvarion, Ceragon, Cisco, UltraDNS,  Sun,  IBM,  AVM,  Orange,
T-Systems, Level 3, ...   :-/   It is currently a 16 hour day for me!

So my previously calculated 2000-3000 customers (Kehl/Rheinau,  ~300km²)
are now more then 150000 from Karlsruhe to Freiburg in a surface of more
then 6000km² and we need more then 800km FiberOptic cable.

We are ongoing to offer 100MBit Residential FiberOptic (5 MBit upstream)
with VoIP, VOD and IPTV.  Only customers (less then 2 per km²) which can
not reached with FiberOptic will get WiMAX (maybe 4/6 MBit)

Problem:  Cable TV is out and VOD is in. (plus a little bit IPTV)

Can someone tell me which kind of hardware I must have  to  support  the
whole crowd of customers with VOD?  Hell, I have no experience  in  this
dimension.  Exspecialy if I use  the  "AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7270"  and
the "AVM Fritz! Media 8040" which seems to be the thing I need except it
does not support HDTV (HDMI) output.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strasbourg/France
IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)                     Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ #328449886                                Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193