Re: lenny rant

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 02:50:30 Craig Sanders wrote:
> BTW, performance is roughly equivalent to apache2-mpm-prefork. AFAIK,
> php still doesn't work properly under the threading mpms (not that
> there's that much performance difference on linux between threaded and
> pre-forking apaches - fork on linux is very lightweight).

We did some benchmarking of apache2-mpm-prefork vs apache2-mpm-itk. Our results back then were roughly that apache2-mpm-prefork with php is twice as fast as the itk and when serving static content about 20 times faster -- see for instance

http://chtekk.longitekk.com/index.php?/archives/22-Speeding-up-MPM-itk.html

mm