Re: lenny rant

On Sunday 12 April 2009 16:44:10 CaT wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 04:12:08PM +0100, Michael Moritz wrote:
> > one last question - does anyone have a suggestion on how to run two
> > separate instances of apache2 under different users and keep upgrading
> > simple?
>
> Curious. Why do you wish to do this? Depending on your answer you might get
> a better solution to your problem than the one you have thought of. :)

I'm scared... ;) I run an instance of apache 1 for legacy web sites under
nobody/nogroup and an instance of apache 2 for all newer sites under www-data
and a third instance of apache-ssl on a dedicated port under another user to
server XML RPC requests for setting up services.
Re Jonathan's proposal I've done a similar thing before with postfix - created
two init.d files for separate uses of postfix but updating turns into a bit of
hassle as you have to update the copies yourself.

mm