Re: lenny rant

Hi:

>From the Apache web site:

 Apache 1.3.41 Released    	  2008-01-19

    The Apache Group is pleased to announce the legacy release of the
1.3.41 version of the Apache HTTP Server.

    This version of Apache is principally a security release.

    For further details, see the announcement.

So it does look to be actively maintained. But I think Apache2 is now
the recommended version, and Apache1 is only kept around for people
that refuse to upgrade :P

I think Apache2 is stable enough to be production-ready at this point,
at least the 2.0 stream. The active development is happening on Apache
2.2.

If the community finds Apache1 useful, then perhaps we should continue
to package it. I however cannot volunteer to do so, since I really
wouldn't know where to start :-)

Hope this helps,

Jonathan