Choice of a new core i7 motherboard

Hi,

We want to upgrade some of our motherboards, and I was wondering if some
of you had tried the X8ST series of motherboards from Supermicro. My
concern is, above all, hardware support.

- Does the Linux 2.6.26 kernel support the ICH10R?
- Is there any issue with the rest of the shipset?

Also, how about the KVM & virtual media over LAN? It seems to me that
it's now integrated in the motherboard and that it doesn't need any
daughter board. Am I right? Does it still have virtual media (eg:
emulated CDROM over a samba shared folder)? Do we have BIOS access level?

Thomas