Re: Testing apache1.3 and apache2 in parallel with PHP

Thomas Goirand wrote, on 3/23/2009 12:40 PM:
I understand php_flag is not supported in apache2,
It sure is!!!

I was basing that on this:

"Note that php_flag does not work with Apache 2. Neither does on / off — you must use 0 (off) or 1 (on)."
http://dan.drydog.com/apache2php.html

Not correct?

I haven't been able to figure out how to duplicate the
setup we have with apache2--namely, PHP disabled by default, by
overriden on a per-directory basis. I've tried php_value engine 1, but
that doesn't seem to work.
AFAIR, there's no php_value, but php_admin_value instead.

So it seems like the relevant command would actually be

      php_admin_flag engine on

In any event, I'm concerned anything I do to
make the htaccess files compatible with apache2 will break compatibility
with apache1.3, so I won't be able to have everything running in
parallel for testing.
With all the above being said, I'm not sure you could enable the php
engine in a .htaccess. That would need some testings, I guess.

But I can't see any way to make that command work in htaccess (rather than in the site config).

Adam