Re: network booting

Hello,
thank you very much for your response. (sorry, my english isnt very good).I try to specify the problem. What is in the instructions I run OK, I tried to, there is a problem. It is to me but to the whole system started from a file, such as a rootfs.gz. And that was the root from /dev/ram0 and not dependent on the running of the server where the NFS. And throughout the / (rootfs) would be in memory, instead of NFS, as it is in the instructions, or with you. My procedure was as follows.

1) i create 400M file
dd if=/dev/zero of=ext.img bs=1024k count=400
2) and ext2 on this file
mkfs -t ext2 ext.img
3) mount this file as loop to /mnt
mount ext.img /mnt/ -o loop
3) to this file i copy rootfs
(a) deboostrap + setup kernel ; b) copy running system (cp -ax) )
4) modify fstab in "new" system:
/dev/ram0       /               auto    defaults        0       0
5) umount /mnt/ and gzip: gzip -c ext.img > rootfs.gz
6) config tftp on router:
router:/var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg# cat default
default linux
label linux
kernel vmlinuz
append vga=normal init=/sbin/init initrd=rootfs.gz ramdisk_size=750000 root=/dev/ram0 rw --

when i start diskless pc, system start booting ok, get ip ok, get rootfs.gz ok (screen here: http://www.sdilej.eu/pics/f2525f3751c0f396b53f722494f7c0e5.PNG ) booting kernel is ok, but this go down with this message: http://www.sdilej.eu/pics/f31ae42809c9ea4795450a8da1cb3695.PNG

this is doing on debian etch, in lenny is dont write "list of partitions".

thank you very much, nice day.

m.