RE: How to setup a PPPoE Server?

PPPoE
> authentification.  The customer database is a PostgreSQL.
>
> Does someone know how to setup such network/server?
>
> I could buy a CISCO but they are quiet expensive  and  I  do  not
know,
> whether it can correctly conenct to my PostgreSQL user database.

If I recall correctly the rp-pppoe server is not recommended by the
developers for production use. Here we use some Debian Etch boxes
running FreeRADIUS to handle the backend and a Redback router for PPPoE.
However depending on your load you might be able to pick up an older
Cisco on eBay (like a 7200, 7500 or something) or look at Mikrotik as
another reader mentioned.

Cheers
---
Ross Halliday