Re: DVB Card for TV streaming (ISP)

Am 2009-03-08 12:55:40, schrieb Wojciech Ziniewicz:
> maybe you should try it : http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

Hmmm...

> I truly  wouldn't bother to use cross-platform software since
> percentage of people using mac or linux is so small (talking about
> earning money).
>
> moreover anybody who is familiar with linux or mac (especially linux
> ;) ) will manage
> to connect to your server without any problems since those people
> usually know such things.

Do you realy believe this?

Unfortunately I know too many peoples, whose want only a free (of charge
OS) and protection agains viriis while surfung p..n sites,  using  amule
or something like this. They can install Ubuntu/Fedora/SuSe/Mandriva but
know nothing abouth how it works.

If you think only "windows" you have already lost...  I  know  too  many
peoples trying to switch away from Windows to  GNU/Linux.  As  a  Debian
GNU/Linux Consultant between France and Germany I consider GNU/Linux  as
... (I do not know, how to express this in english)  and  each  month  I
know more peoples droping Windows in favour of GNU/Linux.

It is REALY time to make something.

And yes, I want, GNU/Linux User (e.g. ISP, content  provider  and  such)
making money with it, but currently it is VERY limited.

The only confortable way to make a "TV" site is to make  a  website  and
then by clicking a channel it opens an external  application...  or  run
the whole thing a FLASH (I do not know, whether this would work  worh  a
Videostream of 2 GBytes and 2 Hours)

And because this, I was thinking to build a OS  independant  Python  GUI
which replace the "Browser" and open directly a streaming channel.

There are VLC libbraries for Windows and it could be used, but I have no
clue about coding Python nor the libs hot to open  a  Video  Window  and
show it.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)