DVB Card for TV streaming (ISP)

Hello,

is here a ISP which stream TV chanels to its customers?

Rolf (my Partner) and me are in creation of a new enterprise  in  Baden-
Würtemberg (Germany) <http://www.tdwave.net/> and want to stream arround
20-30 TV channels to our customers.

Currently I run a private WaveLAN Base Station with  6 MBit  downstreams
(1 MBit Upstream) and we get with 3 Mbit a standard TV  stream  "History
Channel" using VLC over the net.  OK,  HDTV  is  not  possibel  but  our
customers (which are fscked by T-Online,  KabelBW,  Arcor,  Freenet  and
other $BIG_PROVIDERS) like to get at least NORMAL TV, so we want to  try
it out and test it.

OK, now we are searching  for  Multi-Channel  DVB  cards  and  streaming
servers, because VLC crash minimum one time per hour.

I am broadcasting privately to 23 customers @once.

Or do you think, we should install one server per stream?

I have alread successfuly streamed using  a  VIA  EPIA  LN10000EAG  with
1 GByte of memory, a Hauppauge DVB-T card and it consumes less then 27W.
(the DVB-T card need very much power)

However, is there REAL Client-Server (preferable OS) software  available
which works for Windows (any versions) Linux and BSD?

I mean, a client software, where users can selct a TV-Channel  and  then
connect automaticaly?  VLC seems a little bit crappy...

I was thinking, that a Clinet Software connect  to  a  server  (http ?),
download the channel list and show it to the user.  Then  the  user  can
select between the channels and that it is.

There is NOTHING special with it and (theoretical)  it  could  be  coded
very simple in Python of Perl because VLC libs  are  availabel  in  both
programming languages.

Note:  I am even abel to sponsor such (OSS) project a  little  bit,
       if someone can code the required software, but it  must work
       on any Operating Systems.  (I have two Python programs which
       are working on my Linux Workstation AND on Windows XP/Vista)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)