About the slowness of gmail's DNS servers

Hi,

It's been the 2nd time that I'm having problems with gmail not seeing my
DNS updates after more than 24 hours, when the TTL is less than 2 hours.
Other DNS servers from other ISP have no problem. It's quite annoying as
my client is complaining, and it's hard to say "gmail is wrong, they
don't do like they should and like everybody does". My customer will
just not trust that.

Did any of you had this problem as well? Is there some specific things
that gmail is doing, like running a specially crafted caching DNS? How
much time should I expect to wait until it works correctly?

Thomas