Re: SAN solution wanted

> On Jun 11, Christian Kujau illuminated :

> But I should have emphasized the *small* in "small network" (hello,
> H??ctor!). My current favourites are WDG2T20000[0], which comes with 2TB
> (minimum of storage I'd like to have) and Firewire, which hopefully will
> work with the Mac Mini I'd like to attach.

Ah.  when I think of SAN, I start thinking from $20,000.
ISP list and all.

> Hm, FC is no good for me, I think, I'd like to get this done with
> Firewire, USB as a second choice, but I heard FW is more stable for
> storage paths.

Firewire has always been my link of choice for running data over.  USB
has too high a CPU usage.

There are some Mac oriented storage devices (names escape me at the
moment).  They're more likely to have sane firewire ports.

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
 jeanpaul@blaquiere.id.au