Re: Multiple IP's (virtual interfaces) on ONE VLAN?

I've always set my vlan interfaces naming scheme to not use the . notation since Linux gets confused, that said, aliases using ethN.VLAN:A should work, if you have setup tagged vlan ports (as many others have mentioned by now) using the 8021q driver and either vconfig manually or the Debian package (apt-get install vlan).

You may not be receiving tagged frames at all, in fact, unless you're expected to be trunking multiple vlan's you usually won't.