Re: best way to remotely manage user credentials

On 12.05.08 18:21, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> I would like to hear some word in my problem.
> I have X servers with pam authentication and  ssh daemon.
> People use ftp servers and run their applications but there should be
> one central server that will manage passwords and users.
>
> I would like to use something like
>
> /usr/bin/changepassword <server_address> <user> <newpassword>

just note that when someone does 'ps' on machine you when execute this
script, (s)he can see arguments, therefore the password. Yes, grsecurity
patch can prevent ordinary people from seeing the password, but this is
usually not taken as secure...

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.