Re: Distributed location server monitoring

* Thomas Goirand schrieb am 10.05.08 um 09:33 Uhr:
> Hi,

Hi Thomas,

> We use Nagios internally to monitor about 50 servers. The biggest
> problem that we have is that it sends lot's of false positive because it
> monitors more the connections between one point to another instead of
> the real services that have to be up. The rate of false positive is just
> too high, so it's kind of unusable. We ignore too many warnings, and I'm
> sure it will end up with something really down and we wont check for it.
>
> Is there a distributed kind-of nagios system that would use multiple
> nodes to check, and if (and ONLY if) all contactable monitoring servers
> report a problem, then we receive an alert ?

I think that if you would change your nagios setup you can have what
you want with nagios.

Nagios can test the route to a foreign server and will not complain
about a remote servers services if a gateway or router between
nagios and that foreign server is offline. You just have to tell
nagios where those remote servers are.

just my 2¢

-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134