Re: Using maildrop with virtual users (MySQL db)

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'v got some questions about the maildrop package. I don't know how to tell it
> to fetch
> users from the MySQL db (using courier-authdaemon).
>
> Here is my setup : Postfix (patched with VDA) / Courier(pop, imap and mysql) /
> Amavis / SpamAssassin and ... maildrop.
>
> The problem is that maildrop doesn't seems to use courier-authdaemon to check
> where it have to deliver email.
>
> The result is that I have a lot of messages like :
>
> Sep 28 16:12:01 ns203407 postfix/pipe[2368]: E2DE113B42:
> to=<henry.nicolas@tourneur.be>, relay=maildrop, delay=0.03,
> delays=0.02/0/0/0.01, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown. Command
> output: Invalid user specified. )
>
> That make me think that he don't know where is the maildir for the user
> henry.nicolas@tourneur.be
>
> So, I googled around for hours, without success and I'm writing this email
> with hope that somebody might have a solution.
>
> My final goals are :
> 1° Allow maildrop to act as my MDA, deliver spams to a junk folder is the home
> of the user.
>
> 2° Allow maildrop to manage my quotas (value stored in the MySQL db).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Henry-Nicolas Tourneur.

Hi,

You can pickup all these configuration problems in the source code of
our control panel. For example, here's our /etc/courier/userdb
generation code:

http://git.gplhost.com/gitweb/?p=dtc.git;a=blob;f=admin/genfiles/gen_maildrop_userdb.php;h=99acab3b0a83752fa96eb331cf1fd9ee88f79b88;hb=3a2c6435db63ea0c6c9c8466bb2e5f91eb1a5008

You can also pickup all the code for doing all what you said above, our
panel has it all (and more).

Thomas