Re: Supermicro IPMI and shell

ADORJÁNI Gábor schreef:

> The mentioned parameters on my host are:
>
> # grep ^is /etc/inittab
> is:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty -f /etc/issue.serial 19200 ttyS1 vt100
> # cat /proc/cmdline
> root=LABEL=root ro console=ttyS1,19200n8r console=tty0 vga=extended
> elevator=deadline
> #
>
> Be sure to _NOT_ set up serial console for GRUB, because it won't work! Set it
> up in the BIOS and then let GRUB use the default BIOS screen access calls.

Supermicro-support told me to use the latest beta-firmware for the IPMI
card. This firmware is difficult to install without Windows (I don't
have Windows). Do you use this beta-firmware for the IPMI?

Which terminal-emulation do you use in the bios?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/