Re: SAN solution wanted

Héctor González wrote:
I've had good experience with HP's MSA1000 SAN arrays, they work nicely
with Linux, you can manage them through the serial port, and drive-host
assignment is easy with ACLs

We tried the MSA1000 at one of the companies I worked for and ended up getting rid of it. It had (at least at the time) rather old and rubbish controller cards that had abysmally low bandwidth (not the NICs, but the actual SAN controller head-units). We only had 3-4 servers hooked up to them and performance was awful.

I found out about the controller problem by digging through the HP support forum.

I usually drink the HP Cool-Aid, but that experience was one of the few disappointing ones. :-(

George.