Re: Xen question

Paul van der Vlis wrote:

>>> - When I reboot my machine, the guests boot nicely. But when I have a
>>> power loss and the power returns, the guests do not start. What will be
>>> wrong?
>> This I don't know - if you have the config files in /etc/xen/auto
>> the guests should boot on startup no matter why it went down.
>
> I saw in the configfile:
>
> on_poweroff = 'destroy'
> on_reboot   = 'restart'
> on_crash    = 'restart'
>
> Maybe a power loss is managed with "on_poweroff", I will check that.

These directives are related to the states of your virtual machines, not
the dom0. "on_poweroff" is declaring what should happen to the VM when
you choose to power it off, not what happens when you shutdown dom0.

Regards,
Kim
--
|_|O|_|     Kim Christensen
|_|_|O|     Public key: http://rac.nu/kchr.asc

This is...   No offence, but you are a robot aren’t you?
() ascii ribbon campain - against html e-mail