Re: Multiple IP's (virtual interfaces) on ONE VLAN?

On Thu May 22 2008 02:02:30 Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> Currently I have 'eth0' and 'eth0:0'.
>
> 'Shortly', we'll be moving the office to another location (share office
> space with another company), where they have VLAN's. They have given me
> VLAN #20 and from what I can see (I'll be testing my setup later this
> week), everything should be ok.
>
> But what about the intranet server which have TWO addresses? I've tried
> 'eth0:0.20', 'eth0.20:0' (for the virtual interface) but neither worked...

Are you certain what they mean by VLAN's?  One would normally
configure the VLAN onto the switch ports and the computers would
use normal non-VLAN connections.  This is moderately more
secure than allowing each computer to decide which VLAN's it
wants to sniff.

--Mike Bird