Re: Distributed location server monitoring

++ 10/05/08 12:43 +0200 - Nico Meijer:

>I've never used nagios, but I've switched to nefu[0] years ago because of
>a lot of false positives with other software.
>
>You can tell nefu about the network hops which are between it and the
>machines to monitor. For instance, if any router between nefu and the
>monitored host is down, it will report the router as down, not the host.

Same can be done with Nagios. You just have to tell Nagios which host
(or service) is dependend on which other service. See:

 <http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/dependencies.html>

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@zenger.nl> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>