Re: Distributed location server monitoring

Hi Thomas,

This may be OT.

> Is there a distributed kind-of nagios system that would use multiple
> nodes to check, and if (and ONLY if) all contactable monitoring servers
> report a problem, then we receive an alert ?

I've never used nagios, but I've switched to nefu[0] years ago because of
a lot of false positives with other software.

You can tell nefu about the network hops which are between it and the
machines to monitor. For instance, if any router between nefu and the
monitored host is down, it will report the router as down, not the host.

[0] http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/nefu/

--
Nico Meijer <info@nicomeijer.com>