Re: EV SSL Certificates, make our own?

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:49 AM, Shane Chrisp <shane@2000cn.com.au> wrote:
>  Maybe have a look at www.cacert.org. Im not sure if there 'is' any
>  difference but if any place would know, they should, and its worth being
>  a member there to get free ssl certs anyway. :)

<offtopic>
I'm both an existing user and a financial contributor to the
cacert.org project.  If anyone out there doesn't know about them, give
them a look!  Free certs are great, but their paid certs are worth
every penny.  You pay them to verify your identity and in exchange,
you can make as many certs as you want for a specified time.  Support
these guys if you can.  Also, AFAIK their certs are trusted in every
browser but IE.
</offtopic>

I haven't seen any mention of EV SSL on their site.  I may just shoot
them an email to see if they have any input on this.  Thanks for your
suggestion... I don't know why I didn't think of it myself.

Thanks,
Dusty