Re: EV SSL Certificates, make our own?

On 05/04/08 10:32, Dusty Wilson wrote:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Dusty Wilson <dusty@hey.nu> wrote:

Is there a way to make our own EV SSL Certificates?

I'll rephrase it since I haven't heard any responses.  Is there
something special about an EV SSL cert or is it just a regular old SSL
cert with an extra attribute or flag?  I've searched all over the net
for a resource to help me on this, but I've hit a dead end.  Any
suggestions?

I hadn't heard of Extended Validation SSL Certificates before, but reading the Wikipedia entry, it sounds like it isn't something that you can really do yourself, but from the article: "The primary way to identify an EV certificate is by referencing the Certificate Policies extension field", so you could experiment with that, presumably adding a custom certificate authorities to your internal clients web browsers...

Good luck.

Gavin

--

Gavin Westwood