Re: Domainkeys and ISPs

Michael Sprague wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm setting up Domainkeys for my little ISP to help deal with the likes
> of Yahoo, AOL, Verizon, etc.  I have my outgoing server all setup to
> sign outgoing messages from our customers (well, at least the ones we
> host their DNS zone).  But, I don't believe that forwarded messages are
> being signed b/ the sender is not one of our customers (rather the
> original sender).
>
> Since I'm new to the domainkeys thing, I'm not sure what is considered
> okay or not.  For example, I could sign every piece of email that leaves
> our outgoing server.  It seems pretty easy to do in exim4 by setting
> $dk_domain to whatever I want in the router.  But is that considered
> uncool?  Do other ISPs sign ALL messages to help deal with Yahoo?
>
> Any insight is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> mikeS

Hi mikeS,

I have made a package for dkimproxy that will be soon in SID if the ftp
masters accept it. See the waiting queue here:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

If you want to try it you can take it and compile it from our ftp:

deb-src ftp://ftp.gplhost.com/debian etch main

In the DEBIAN.Readme my colleague wrote some comments on how to use it.
And indeed, it does sign all outgoing email.

I hope that helps,

Thomas Goirand

P.S: I'm going to ask for removal of dkfilter as soon as dkimproxy is in
Debian SID.