samhain

Has somebody ever managed to get samhain with gpg and stealth running?

This was how I configured the sources:

sh$ ./configure --enable-static \
--enable-login-watch --enable-process-check --enable-port-check \
--enable-stealth=****** \
--enable-install-name=samhain \
--enable-suidcheck \
--with-gpg=/usr/bin/gpg \
--enable-base=**********,********* \
--with-fp="FINGER PRINT OF MY GPG KEY"
--with-recipient=someone@somewhere.tld
--with-sender=root

The build and install was no problem. After installing I did

sh$ samhain -t init -p info

that seemed to run as expected too. But running samhain as daemon from /etc/init.d/samhain fails - and I don't know why. Anyway - running samhain as daemon in check mode fails.

So the next I tried was to adjust the configfile, as explained in the manual, i.e. edit it in plain text and hide it in a signed postscript-file.

sh$ samhain -t update -p debug

went ok. But still, running the daemon with '-t check' failed. So I tried the following (this is, where the manual is not realy clear - do I have to initialize the logfile my self?):

sh$ gpg -a --clearsign /var/lib/samhain/samhain_file
sh$ mv /var/lib/samhain/samhain_file.asc /var/lib/samhain/samhain_file

sh$ samhain -t check -D --foreground -p debug

There is only a little debug message about a file named
/root/38749178983847783948798759928374987298347 not found. But with the lable 'DEBUG' and the author of samhain told me that this might be OK. Samhain even runs the first check to the end.

Anyway - the daemon still refuses to run.

Any ideas?
begin:vcard
fn:Sebastian Rose
n:Rose;Sebastian
email;internet:sebastian_rose@gmx.de
title:Fachinformatiker/Anwendendungsentwicklung
tel;cell:+49 173 / 83 93 417
note;quoted-printable:Entwicklung  von Internetanwendungen und Programmen  mit  freien  Werkzeu=
	gen  und Bibliotheken.=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	PHP, Java, C/C++,  Bash,  Perl,  Apache, MySQL,  PostgreSQL, xt::commerce=
	, Typo3, Server,  Netzwerk,  Desktop, Datenbank, gtkmm=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard