Re: telnet/other access to tty/pts OT]

Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
Hi,
i have an aplication that is managed from the console . That means
that i can only run it in "screen" or logging through ssh , and
holding my session all the time.

I was wondering whether there exists (or how to roll my own) something like :

- telnet/other access to screen session
- telnet/netcat/whatever access to any pts/tty
Not truly understanding your application, but:

I'm thinking you could so something with console access servers (some of which were recently discussed on this list). You wouldn't have to use screen, as you would connect/disconnect (usually SSH, telnet I suppose) to the console access server, which in turn is attached to a serial port on the linux box running a login getty and/or your application.

In addition to the vendor names discussed on the list, I prefer Cyclades/Avocent console access server appliances (which run Linux themselves).

Assuming that you need multiple ways to access this application (but only one active user at a time), these console access servers are configurable to allow a particular user/group to bump an existing session off, or to sniff a session (good for teaching purposes).

Or, perhaps you don't need anything special at all. If you're rolling your own, the following tools other than screen might be of use to you: remtty, conserver, remote-tty.

-Matt Cuttler